Salmon Patties Recipe With Cornmeal
Make this delicious salmon patties recipe with cornmeal within a very short time for 5 people.
Yield: 5 people
- Non-stick pan
- 1 canned salmon
- 2 medium size eggs
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 small size onion roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp all purpose seasoning
- ¼ tsp cbili flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt as per taste
- Lemon zest
- First of all, you need to take canned salmon in a bowl. You have to mash it properly. You can use a fork to get the job done. Now, add eggs, mayonnaise, garlic powder, black pepper, and all-purpose seasoning one by one. At this point, blend everything properly by using your hand. Now, you have to add flour, cornmeal, chili flakes in the mixture. Never forget to add salt and thyme. Finally, add lemon zest and mix everything well. Now, rest the mixture for 10 minutes for marination.
- After the marination period, you need to make the patty from the mixture. First, apply some oil to your palm and take a small portion from the mixture. Turn it into a patty shape. Make sure that you have made all patties correctly. Now, take some oil in a nonstick pan and keep the cooker in the medium heat. When the oil becomes hot, put the patties into the oil. Fry them properly until they become brown on both sides. After 15 to 20 minutes your patties will be ready to serve.
- Skip chili flakes if you don’t like spice much.
- You can use parsley instead of thyme
- Skip lemon zest if you want. It's just for extra flavor.
- You can also deep fry the patties, but we used olive oil for the health concern.
- Mayonnaise helps the patties not to dry.